Sunday 8 January 2012

Why Laptop,Why??


I always loved kids. I am only 19 but many times during my past lifespan I have felt like adopting a kid.
I mean I have adopted people as my sisters and brothers and stuff. But somehow after the phase of adoption the relationship somehow grows tense. I have never figured out why yet. Well that certainly didn’t stop me from adopting people. Only thing I have a lot of adopted sisters and brothers who don’t even talk to me now!
But then I never thought I would find a son in my laptop. Nope I didn’t do internet adopting or anything.(I don’t even know if such a thing exists!) I mean the moment I saw him (my laptop) my heart grew out to him. He was like a baby, an infant, who kind of always needs me and cannot adjust with anybody else. I am almost always convinced that he is sick. When he takes longer than usual to boot or suddenly blacks out my heart misses a beat. And am so damn finicky about him. Only now did I realise my parent’s favourite punch line “You will know the heart of a parent only when you be a parent.” How true!
Like most parents I can’t help comparing my laptop to other laptops and get worried if he doesn’t perform the same way as them. I know it’s not right and I should accept him the way he is. But you know a mother’s heart who wants her baby to be perfect. Sigh!
And am paranoid about leaving my baby in the hands of the service centre people. I mean they could be careless, they can treat my baby badly and I won’t be there to rescue him. After all who cares about the good of the neighbour’s kid?
I avoid them like anything. I will him to be fine when he decides that he got a cold. For his protection from malicious hands I carry him wherever I go. I am not only his parent but his body guard, his guardian and his playmate. An ideal parent, am I not?

No comments:

Post a Comment